In West Africa, Togo stands to be one of the prominent tourist destinations with quite a variety of tourist attractions to offer to its visitors. The charming attraction destinations in the country have drawn several tourists from all corners of the world to come enjoy this splendid country. Below is a list of some of the top attractions you can enjoy while in Togo.
Lome is the capital city of the country Togo and it is an ideal tourist destination all year round offering a number of ancient colonial architectural buildings, vibrant market centers, impressive wood work and a very rich cultural people who are so friendly and quite hospitable. The city has a number of beautiful white sand beaches that are so frequently by several tourists. The well stocked historic museums and the very impressive nightlife of Lome have made quite a popular city worth visiting.
Fazao-Malfakassa National Park
This national park is situated within the central west regions of Togo close to the country’s border with the neighboring Ghana. The park has an unspoilt vegetation cover with a rugged landscape as the Monts de Malfakassa characterize the northern region and the sharp Monts du Fazao are in the central region. The park is well covered by a blend of flora including grasslands at the hilltops, savanna woodlands plus thick forests. There are various primates, birds and a number of various types of animals and reptiles.
Fosse aux Lions National Park
This park was started in 1954 and it covers a total expanse of 1650 hectare. The park is habitat to close to sixty elephants, patas monkeys, warthogs, antelopes and vervet monkeys. It is a destination worth visiting.
Lome Grand Marche
The Grand Marche is located in the center of Lome and it is the best place to visit to get the true feel of the lifestyle in Togo. It is a crowded, very noisy busy three storey building popularly known as the major shopping place in West Africa. The place has a variety of items for sale that range from electronics, clothing, and groceries, although the most looked for item is the wax cloth. Several tourists come to this place to do some shopping just for fun.
In the southern part of Togo lies the city of Togoville just by the Lake Togo on the Northern shore. It is characterized by small houses of traditional architecture of straw roof plus red sand that hold very much historical importance to the country. Visitor here get the opportunity to look at the colonial treaty that the Germans signed with Mlapa III the then ruler. Togovilles has various charming Voodoo shrines, the spectacular Cathedral Notre Dame plus Chief Mlapa V’s royal palace.
This lake is a large part of the Lagoon in the country separated from the head by a very small coastal strip. It is famous for its wonderful water sport activities and the different fishing tours which can be made in this place. Furthermore it offers wonderful birding and canoe sailing opportunities.
- Togo Holidays and Travel - Togo is one of the countries in West Africa. It has borders with Ghana towards the west, Burkina Faso in the north, Benin in the east and the Gulf of Guinea in the south. The country is bordered by the
- Fazao-Malfakassa National Park - Fazao-Malfakassa National Park is located in western parts of Togo and is near, and at one point against, the international border with Ghana. The park was established in 1975 and stretches to include forest reserves of Fazao and Mlafakassa. Covering
- Keran National Park - This park is found on the Kamongou river banks in northern Togo. This Togo national park was established in 1971 to protect Keran forest reserve and Oti reserve which is found on the banks of river Oti. This park is
- National Parks in Togo - Togo’s wildlife and safaris are one of the most fascinating tourist attractions in the country. Each of the regions in Togo are gifted with exclusive flora and fauna. The coastal region has mangrove swamps which stretch to Mono river basin.
- Flights to Togo - Think of Togo from West Africa as your no ordinary African safari destination. Some of the interest sites to watch out for are Mt. Agou (986m) south east of Kpalime, the ruins of Tamberma from the Karara region, Klouto from