Uganda is home to the some of the remaining families of mountain gorillas of Africa. You can track the gorillas in Bwindi National Park. Other wildlife safaris and visits to National Parks is also possible
Uganda the pearl of Africa as described by Winston Churchill, is home to various wildlife animals, flora and fauna. A visit to Uganda would enable you to see the mountain gorillas. A gorilla trekking permit costs USD 500 per person per trek.
Other interesting activities include the Murchison falls wildlife safari, bird watching Uganda safaris in every Uganda National Park, white water rafting on the River Nile, mountain climbing at the Rwenzori and Mt. Elgon National Parks and so much more.
Uganda Safari tours
Kampala City tours are part an exciting start to safaris in Uganda. Kampala is a vibrant modern metropolis, the capital city of Uganda adorned with gardens and parks providing colorful oases for its citizens and visitors alike. Entebbe town is home to Uganda’s only Airport and the fresh water Lake Victoria. Entebbe has several fine hotels, a golf course and splendid colonial-era homes on tree-lined streets, an impressive Botanical Garden and a wildlife orphanage.
Sese Island and Ngamba islands are part of Lake Victoria tours. Ngamba Island is home to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary. The boat trip to the island is lots of fun and by visiting the island your entrance and activity fees help cover the costs of the island sanctuary and the well being of the chimpanzees. Fishing is another fascination on the lake.
The Nile River flows from Jinja making a journey of more than 6600 kms from Lake Victoria to the Mediterranean Sea in Egypt with incredible white water rafting rapids en-route. If you dare, you can challenge this mighty river and raft the Nile near the Bujagali Falls in Jinja.
Uganda national parks safaris
The Mountains of the Moon preferably called Rwenzori illuminate the south west corner of Uganda with several scenic features like numerous lakes and jagged, volcanic mountains. Astride the mountains sits Ruwenzori National Park. It is a fantastic place to trek.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park located on the slopes of Rwenzori is the home of Uganda Gorilla safaris. The lush montane rainforest is home to approximately 300 mountain gorillas, about half of their estimated world population. They live alongside 350 to 400 chimpanzees and this is the only forest in Africa where they occur together. In addition there are another 120 species of mammal, including 10 species of primate and roughly 360 bird species. Gorilla trekking safaris in Uganda are part of every Uganda safari itinerary with Rwanda gorilla safaris to complete tours of the gorillas living in the dense forest around south western Uganda.
Other interesting national parks within Uganda include Queen Elizabeth National Park renowned for Tree climbing lions of Ishasha, Lake Mburo National Park for remarkable birding safaris, Kibaale forest national park is where chimpanzee tracking in Uganda is given first priority, Murchison Falls National Park is part of Uganda’s largest National parks. At Murchison Falls the Nile river is forced through narrow gap and falls 43 mtrs to a Boling pool below. These Falls are notable not so much for height as for their immense power. The park is vast and beautiful. Predominantly wooded savannah, at 4,000km² it is home to giraffe, lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, hartebeest and many more.
Semiliki National Park is the place to be if you want to taste the hot water springs from the remote Semiliki valley. It is of particular interest to bird watchers as a high proportion of the 400 bird species recorded here. Semiliki is also home to lion prides, leopard, elephant, buffalo, chimps & more. Kidepo National park is remotely located in northern Uganda but you’ll not be disappointed with the wildlife numbers in this hot region of Uganda. There are also a number of predators present including lion, cheetah, leopard, and spotted hyena.
Hotels and accommodation in Uganda
Uganda safari hotels and accommodation are available in all major towns like Kampala and Entebbe, near every tourist attraction and Uganda game parks. Luxury hotels, exclusive safari lodges, up market tented camps, backpacking facilities, budget guest houses, bush camps, bed and breakfast, self catering facilities… it’s a very long list.
Safaris to Uganda are arranged through a number of Uganda safari and tour operators who will tailor and make suitable safari packages covering Uganda safari tours, hotels and accommodation. All Uganda safari packages are fully guided and include services of professional tour guides
How To Trek The Mountain Gorillas ?
Uganda is among the only 3 countries having Mountain Gorillas living in their Wild. The Bwindi Impenetrable Forest has more than 400 Mountain Gorillas with 80 living in Mgahinga Gorilla National park. The majority of Visitors who take on gorilla trekking in Uganda do it in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Park a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There isn’t a Safari to Uganda rendered complete without tracking the Mountain Gorillas, a number of guests trek gorillas two times and occasionally hike through the Impenetrable Bwindi forest and trek Gorillas in Buhoma as well as Nkuringo area of this park. Uganda is the finest choice for a safari in Africa since Uganda offers you Mountain Gorillas as well as all other wild animals you will see in other parks in East Africa.
Where To Find Chimpanzees in Uganda
Uganda not only has a single park or a single place to track chimpanzees but also has several. Close to Murchison Falls is the Budongo Forest. In Queen Elizabeth Park and on the outskirts is the Kalinzu Forest. You may as well track Chimpanzees within Semliki Valley or East Africa’s Primate sanctuary Kibale Rainforest having 13 primate species and the highest number of Chimps in the whole of East Africa. Other than chimpanzee tracking you may go on a full day chimp habituation experience with the researchers. This may be done in Kibale Forest throughout the year and even in the off-season in Budongo Forest.
Uganda is amazing; the wildlife, Mountain Gorillas, birds, Chimpanzees and the scenic sights, and above all the warm friendly people An additional reason why this country is the ideal African Safari.
National Parks To Visit
the Savannah Parks of Uganda have a profusion of wildlife for tourists to see. Kidepo Valley Park which is the most distant and less visited in East Africa is turning out more and even more famous even though arriving there isn’t easy unless you are flying there. The most visited game park in Uganda is Murchison Falls National where you will have an added advantage of seeing the powerful waterfall and along the way you can as well track Rhinos in the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary on foot. The Ishasha area in Queen Elizabeth Park of East Africa is finest place to see the Tree Climbing Lions. In Uganda you will be able to see the different wildlife most the internationally renowned Mountain Gorillas, Mangabey Monkeys, Chimpanzees and Golden Monkeys.
Best Birding Areas in Uganda
Uganda is the finest country in Africa for birding. You may see more than 1060 bird species in Uganda and this is the ideal destination to see the most sought-after bird species in Africa; the Shoebill Stork. In case you are or not even a birder, you’ll find an profusion of birds in this country in all the national parks in Uganda. the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Kibale Forest, Murchison Falls Park as well as Queen Elizabeth Park stand out.
Uganda has numerous jungles, rivers, forests, lakes and swamps to explore as you look for birds of all types. Uganda is a tiny country, however in regards to birds, it being the Pearl of Africa is a large country with more than 1000 bird species to see.
How About Adventure ?
Uganda is a country full of adventure not experienced elsewhere in East Africa. You can raft on River Nile, ascend the Volcanoes, hike the Rainforest Jungles, roll in a dugout canoe, walk the foothills of the highest Mountain Range –Rwenzori Mountains also known as the Mountain of the Moon all in Uganda. Adventure here means mountain climbing, ATV Quad Biking, hiking, horseback-riding safaris, mountain biking, white-water rafting, fishing in the freshwaters of the largest African freshwater lake for Nile Perch. Uganda is the best adventure country in East Africa, simply a wonderful country, and in fact Lonely Planet plus National Geographic picked it among the finest travel destinations on the planet. Do not miss all the Adventure in Uganda which is the Pearl of Africa home to various birds, primates and other animals.
What To See ?
Uganda being the Pearl of Africa is a country swarmed with a profusion of picturesque wonders, most of them in or close to the National Parks in Uganda. A tour in Uganda will offer you an opportunity to see the breathtaking scenery in this country. The legendary Rwenzori Mountains, the spectacular Virunga Volcanoes, the stunning lakes like Lake Bunyonyi as well as Lake Mutanda, River Nile and one of the most strongest waterfall on the planet – the Murchison Falls. Whenever you visit the Pearl of Africa you will see the beautiful scenery just as a coffee-table book. Whichever place you go to you will find out that is among the most breathtaking countries across the African continent.
there are several places where you may unwind and chill out such as the exotic warm islands having beautiful sandy beaches. Although Uganda is a landlocked country, a large part of Lake Victoria is in Uganda home to the Ssese Islands a nice place relax. 26% of the country is comprised of lakes aplusnd rivers. Among the Lakes is Lake Bunyonyi as well as Lake Mutanda are wonderful places to chill out. You may as well do so at the bottom of the Rwenzori Mountains, or even visit the crater lakes, or explore the great River Nile, track mountain gorillas one day and then chill out the following day. There are endless options in Uganda - the Pearl of Africa. This country will offer you the finest Adventure as well as the most excellent places to chilling out at.
Uganda is among the friendliest countries in the whole of Africa and once you visit this country you will certainly agree to this. Uganda is greatly culturally diverse as well as different. Ugandans are very welcoming and each time you visit the Pearl of Africa they will greet you in all corners you go. What occasionally is very welcome is the Western Culture is considered as tradition or even cultural by Ugandans. In case you are organizing a safari to Uganda enjoy the amazing cultures and traditions of the Ugandan people.
Choosing a Tour Operator?
Find a list of trusted safari companies in Uganda.
- Gorilla Trekking in Uganda - Why Visit Uganda For Gorilla Trekking? More than half the population of the world’s mountain gorillas is surviving in the lush forest habitats of south western Uganda. It is the only place you’ll find the endangered giant apes (besides it neighbor Rwanda) in a harmonious habitat-almost unspoilt by global warming. An estimated 6 families of […]
- Birding in Uganda, Birdwatching Safari Holidays and Tours - Birding in Uganda More than 2,000 species of birds are recorded to migrate and have nests in Uganda. Uganda has a diverse bird habitat that ranges from lakes, papyrus swamps, forests and savannah. Bwindi Forest National park besides the mountain gorillas is home to over 300 species of birds with just 24 of the 26 […]
- Uganda National Park Fees, Reserves, Accommodation and Safari Companies - African safaris are one of the most stunning vacations you can partake in the whole world. So where else would you opt to visit other than the gifted Uganda? In Uganda you will find a handful of some of Africa’s finest National Park and be treated to whatever you ever expected to find. Queen Elizabeth […]
- Bwindi National Park Uganda - Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is a sanctuary to approximately half the world’s population of mountain gorillas. Although most tourists visit the park to see the mountain Gorillas, the park alone is a gem worth exploring. It necessitates that anyone coming to track down these gorillas comes along with a camera and keeps their eyes wide […]
- Kibale Chimpanzee Tracking and Trekking Safari - If you’ve never visited Kibale Forest National Park, it will be difficult to convince into believing my tale, though one fact is that this is the finest mountain gorilla forest habitat in the whole of Uganda. There is a loud thump of floor of the forest which makes my dear heart leap. I nervously looked […]
- Walking Safari in Uganda - More than 40% of Uganda’s land is covered in natural forests and reserves which is an estimated 4.9million hectares of Land. Many of the forests in Uganda lie along the Equator in central and South Western Uganda. The distribution of forest cover is such that 15% is under Park and Game reserves run by Uganda […]
- Uganda Tour Operators - Uganda safari and tour operators have a lot to offer to tourists especially with local (Uganda safaris) and East African safaris. Find an incredible range of Uganda safari and tour packages with any of the Uganda safari operators and travel agents, from 2 day Uganda safari tours to 14 day Uganda wildlife and gorilla tracking […]
- Where To Go On Safari in Uganda? - Beautiful landscapes, enormous water bodies, wide variety of amazing wildlife species and friendly people make Uganda safaris the most thrilling and unforgettable adventures in the heart of Africa. Uganda is blessed with over 10 national parks & wildlife reserves offering a wide range of activities that suit all types of travelers including adventure seekers, mountain […]
- Rwenzori Mountains National Park - THE RWENZORI MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK The Rwenzori Mountain is the highest peak of the tectonic mountain ranges formed mountain from Uganda’s south western border with DR Congo Also called the mountains of the moon, Rwenzori is 120 kms long and 43 kms wide and includes a fantastic icy world and afro-alpine vegetation. The peaks lie […]
- Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park Uganda - BWINDI IMPENETRABLE FOREST NATIONAL PARK Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is part of the chain of tropical rainforests that extend from DR Congo and northern Rwanda. It is filled with dense undergrowth; vines and other vegetation make it almost 'impenetrable'. The park is located in south western Uganda, covering parts of Rukungiri, Kisoro, and Kabale Districts It […]
- Kidepo Valley National Park - Kidepo National park is a charm when it comes to Uganda wildlife safaris although it is located in the remote parts of northern Uganda. It is actually the least visited park in Uganda yet it is home to some animals of the dry savanna that you won’t find in any other part of Uganda. The […]
- Semliki National Park - Semliki National Park is located in south western Uganda border with its borders extending into DR Congo and on the edge of the western arm of the Great Rift Valley of East Africa. It the only park in Uganda that is entirely located on 220 sq km of lowland landscape majorly covered in dense tropical […]
- Car Hire in Uganda - Finding a car to use on your safari tours and holidays in Africa is a vital decision in planning for a holiday. Some of the most important considerations for car rentals include spacious car for family vacations, pop up roofed cars for safari game drives and most of all comfort for your journey whether the […]
- Uganda Travel Tips - When planning a trip to Uganda it is important that you do some thorough research before you holiday. You’ll have to get details of necessary travel requirements like Visa, immunization and holiday packages which are all available on the internet. One sure way to beat the stress of planning a holiday is by choosing a […]
- Birds of Uganda - East Africa ranks high among the best birding zones in Africa. One place you can not miss to catch up with is Uganda. This small East African nation relies in the equatorial belt of Africa which is known for its diversity in bird habitats that range from dense rainforests, swampy valleys, lakes, rivers to high […]
- Hoima Uganda - Welcome to the City of Oil Uganda One of the biggest towns in Uganda is Hoima preferably called the Oil city. Since the discovery of oil in the Albertine region that borders the district in the west, Hoima has grown into limelight with eyes glued on commercial and oil-related industrial growth expected to be seen […]
- Lakes and Rivers in Uganda - Uganda is located in the great lakes basin and this areas is around the tropical equatorial region of Africa and crossed by the Great Rift Valley escarpment. With such crucial geographical and natural features, Uganda has a number of water resources…lakes, rivers, swamps and water falls in this diverse ecology. Other countries in great Lakes […]
- River Nile Tours, Nile Tours Uganda, Jinja River Nile Tours - Jinja is a major commercial centre and the second largest city in Uganda. It is located 80km east of Kampala, on the banks of Lake Victoria at the source of the River Nile. Jinja is more than an industrial town; it is actually the source of the world’s longest river, Nile the flows northwards and […]
- Ngamba Island Safari, Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary - NGAMBA ISLAND Ngamba Island is part of the Koome group of islands located on Lake Victoria 23km south of Entebbe, Uganda. It consists of approximately 100 acres, 98 of which are forested and separated from the visitor’s area by an electric fence. The northern part of the island is occupied by local Lake Victoria fishing […]
- Murchison Falls National Park, Murchison Falls Uganda Safari Tour - Murchison Falls is Uganda's largest National Park crossed by the Nile River, the world's longest, winds through it meandering through a narrow rock gorge to form the Murchison falls from which the park is named. The Murchison falls national park is part of the larger Murchison falls protected area that extends some 5,00sqkm to include […]
- Kibale Forest National Park Uganda, Kibale Forest Chimpanzee Safari - KIBALE FOREST NATIONAL PARK The Kibale Forest is located in western Uganda in Kibale district with one of Uganda’s remaining equatorial rainforest contains the highest concentration of primates in the world - thirteen species live here including about 500 chimpanzees. the park lies in a protected area adjoining Queen Elizabeth National Park making a diverse […]
- Kampala City Tours - KAMPALA CITY Welcome to Kampala...the land of Seven Hills The capital city of Uganda, Kampala, is spread over ten hills and derives its name from a kiganda expression "kasozi k'empala meaning - the hill of antelopes. The origins of the Kampala go back to 1891 the when King Kabaka of Buganda had his court on […]
- Queen Elizabeth National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park Uganda Safari - QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK This is a wonderful and especially scenic National Park, with two lakes connected by a channel overlooked by a high peninsula. In addition to the lakes there are volcanic craters, grassy plains, papyrus swamps, open savannahs and tropical forests. Queen Elizabeth Park is ranked as Uganda’s most visited game reserve. The […]
- Uganda National Parks, Uganda Wildlife Safaris - Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park situated about the slopes of Rwenzori is boasts of Uganda Gorilla safaris. The lush montane jungle hosts roughly 300 mountain gorillas, about 50% of the believed world population. They live alongside 350 to 400 chimpanzees and this is actually the only forest in Africa where they occur together. Additionally you […]
- Rwenzori Mountains - The Rwenzori Mountain lie across the western border of Uganda and rise to some height of 5,1OO metres. Listed here are the legendary ‘Mountains from the Moon’, a World Heritage Site - which incomparable, beautiful, mist-shrouded peaks give a unique backdrop to our most magnificent national parks. Within the center from the range, which boasts […]
- Flights to Uganda - Uganda is another incredible country to visit on your East Africa safari and tours. A number of tourist come here on Uganda safari tours for a number of reasons that include visiting the incredible range of Uganda National Parks, waterfalls like the 19m high Sipi Falls, undulating green hills of south western Uganda and mostly […]
- Uganda Travel and Tours - Uganda is found in east Africa in what is popularly referred to as the richest safari region in Africa. It shares its boundaries with Kenya in the east, Tanzania in the south, Rwanda in the south western mountain borders, DR Congo in the west and southern Sudan for the north. Uganda is a least visited […]
- Hotels in Kampala, Kampala Accommodation - Kampala has more hotels and overnight accommodation facilities than you can ever imagine. if you are a tourist and i have finally decided on Uganda safaris, you need not worry about where you'll stay when you arrive in Kampala. There is every thing from luxury five star hotels with swimming pool, health spa, gym, well […]
- Lake Victoria - In Uganda is placed the largest lake in the world...Lake Victoria. This fresh water lake is typically identified as Nyanza, is without a doubt two times the entire area of Wales and additionally provides the natural boundary between Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. The lake stands out as the heart on the African continent, the source […]
- Mount Elgon National Park - This park covers an area equal to 1279sq km on the border of Uganda and Kenya on the foot slopes of Mount Elgon. On the Kenyan side the park occupies 163sq km while the larger area of the park is found on the Uganda side. Mount Elgon This mountain is an extinct volcano on the […]