Share This Article
The safari vest
For most people safari vests seem like an unnecessary burden in addition to the jackets and sweaters they plan to carry for their safari, but truth is you would rather leave either the sweater or the jacket and carry the safari vest. Apart from being warm and comfortable, safari vests have numerous pockets and can carry a multitude of things make it easy for you to go out into the wild with less luggage, but with all the things you need in those pockets. It helps you achieve casual comfort, keeps you warm and blends in with the environment. It is for these very same reasons that journalists and photographers often opt for safari vests even when they are not on safari.
What should you keep in mind as you choose a safari vest for safari?
Safari vests are important and you need to select the right one for your safari in order to stay comfortable and enjoy all the conveniences that the vest affords you. Here are few aspects to keep in mind as you shop for your safari vest.
- You do not need more than one vest, unless you have the space to carry an extra one. Just one safari vests is enough. They are quite bulky so just one will take up quite a bit of space in your suitcase.
- Material: Light weight safari vests are more functional and comfortable and less bulky. So get vests in light material that will not make feel so hot or make it hard to breath. We recommend materials such as cotton, mesh design and a few selected synthetic fabrics. As you pack think of the thickness and weight of the vest. If you are looking to create more space in your suit case or bag for other items, you could wear the vest as you board your flight.
- Colors: one of the reasons why we recommend that you pack a safari vest for is that most of them come in neutral colors, which will help you blend in with your environment. Pick a color you are comfortable. Colors to choose from include: beige. Khaki, green, greys and other dark colors. Stay away from white, white vests is impractical in an African game park. Stay away from bright colors as well when you find them.
- Pockets: this is perhaps the most exciting thing about the safari vests. They have been present s which I gave back. These vests can have up to 20 pockets or more, but that would be too much. They usually have several pockets on the front outside, a few at the back and more on the inside,. in these pockets you can carry your bits and pieces such as binoculars, cameras, scarves, cell phones, sunglasses, handkerchiefs, and hand gloves.
- Length of the Vest. You do not want it to be too short that it has much fewer pockets. And you also do not want it too long, it will have too many pockets, and
They will become bulky making it difficult to sit on or walk. Be careful about the length, it should be just long enough for comfort. A vest that falls just up to the high hip would be about the perfect length.
- “Washability”: While on safari, you might not have access to dry cleaning services. So you should most probably get a hand or machine washable vest. If your safari is short holiday of two or three days, then you most probably won’t need to wash the vest before you leave.
Where can I buy safari vests?
There are a number of stores across the world which sell safari vests. You can also look up online stores many have catalogues displayed online with details of the vests they have. You can easily make your choice contact them and order. Or get addresses of physical stores and go shopping. This is on safari accessory you will be glad you remembered to pack.