As a smallest country in West Africa, Gambia is entirely bordered by Senegal and a small coast line to the Atlantic Ocean. The Gambia is the best country to visit when it comes to Eco-tourism. Abuko Nature Reserve found 25km from Banjul the capital is the sole Gambia wildlife reserve and protected area, home to 300 different birds, crocodiles, hippos, Chimpanzees, red colobus monkeys, buffalos and many other animals
Banjul the capital city of Gambia is located a few miles off the mainland and is itself an attractive city. For noticeable views of the town, visit the Arch 22 that commemorates the last coup de d’etat (1994). Take a city tour to the cathedrals, National museum and to the coastal beach resorts of Bakau, Fajara and Kotu. In Bakau is Kachically Crocodile Pool where the large reptile rest in the serene gardens-seemingly harmless when you touch them. You can as well go fishing, swimming or mingle with the fishermen you find on the beach.
Flights to Gambia
If you are thinking of flying to Gambia, the best season is October to April and all flights land in Banjul International Airport (BJL) on the coast. Finding cheap Gambia flights is a lot easy: via travel websites with flights to Banjul Gambia, cheap air tickets and airfares to Gambia offered around December, January, February and March for Gambia flights from London.
There are also charter aircrafts with flights to Banjul Gambia, available with flights to Gambia from London, Gatwick and Manchester for February. There are no direct Gambia Flights from Europe for some airlines and alternative flights to Gambia include Iberia via Madrid and Dakar and Air France via Paris and Dakar.
Airlines with Flights to Gambia
- Monarch Airlines
- Thomas Cook Airlines flies charters from Manchester, Copenhagen, London and Gatwick to Banjul
- Viking Airlines with Banjul Flights to/from London, Gatwick and Manchester
- Afrinat flights to Banjul from Guinea, Dakar Senegal, Ghana, Sierra Leone and Mali
- Arik air flies from Lagos, Dakar, London, Jo’burg, Contonou and Freetown
- Air Nigeria offers flights to and from Banjul-London Heathrow, Dakar, Abuja, Abidjan and other airports in West Africa
- Asky Airlines-has Gambia flights from other West African countries
- SN Brussels-flies from Belgium
- Condo Airlines charter flights from Germany
- Elysian-charter flights throughout west Africa
- Mauritania Airways
- Neos S.p.A charter flights from Italy and other European airports
- Royal Air Maroc– International flights from Banjul to Amsterdam, UK, Germany and other airports in Europe
- Spanair– European charter flights
- TACV Cabo Verde Airlines